Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gloria vs. Viriginia

On July 28th, Gloria began a new adventure! She and her father took a red-eye flight out of Los Angeles and into her new home of McLean, Virginia. We specifically booked the read-eye because we were worried about the heat, and after hearing that seven dogs died due to heat on an AA flight only a week later, we were happy with our decision.

She wasn't too happy about about leaving her mom (and her mom wasn't too happy about her leaving either), but after a TAS approved long and tearful goodbye (apparently I was sad enough looking that they told me to take as long as I needed before I put her in her TAS screened crate), she was on her way.

Post - Trip Gloria giving her dad the stink eye for keeping her from sleeping.




Since moving to Virigina, Gloria's had a major change in lifestyle.

She now spends her days frolicing in the grass! She hasn't seen that stuff since she was 8 weeks old and in Ohio!



And she thoroughly enjoys her two walks daily, one before dad goes to work and one 9 hours later when dad gets home.
But most of all, she misses her mom (I'm sure) who'll be joining her August 12th, exactly one year from the day she and her mom first met! It was love at first snuggle.






















4 comments:

  1. Now, you must get her a duck to herd. My neighbor has a dog identical to G. He owns a farm and purchased some ducks. She can - without assistance - round all of them up and put them all in the pen. G would be a natural - just take her to a local park - surely they ducks.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, I was just thinking that myself! I'll have to find her a pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you're a lot closer now, Helmer told me to tell you that if you're ever in the area, he would be honored to have Gloria harass him in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Gloria will keep that in mind - esp if we ever make our way to OH to get her a brother. : )

    ReplyDelete